Just Giving

Just Giving
Please give via Just Giving. To give £5.00 via mobile text NRCH55 £5 to 70070

Saturday 14 December 2013

That was a great ride.

I used nearly 1000 calories in just under 2 hours.

Thank you to the hills! The route is split into 2 Strava results as I stopped recording GPS data @ Redhill as I had planned to take the train to Godstone and pedal from there, but there were ticketing issues @ Redhill with massive queues out of the door which meant I would have missed my connection which is a bit crucial as it would mean waiting nearly an hour for the next Tonbridge train. For info Tonbridge trains depart Redhill 17 mins past the hour. Generally I pre-book even 'minor' journeys and collect from Oxted. In the end I decided to pedal back as I would be home before the next Tonbridge train departed.

My back up plan was to cycle Route 21 north and pick up the A25 @ Bletchingley, however I've learnt as far as Bromptons go its best to stick to hard surfaces in winter so I improvised and ended taking a 'lean mix' concrete path up the big hill. Once my heart rate got above 96% of maximum I decided it was the signal to get off and push.

There is a short steep section heading East just after Nags Hall that got my HR up to 101% but that was a transient reading.




Oxted to Redhill and back. from Stuart Murden on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment