Just Giving

Just Giving
Please give via Just Giving. To give £5.00 via mobile text NRCH55 £5 to 70070

Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Years Eve 31st December 2014

I noticed on Christmas Eve my Apple Green Brompton picked up a flat tyre. This isn't bad as I've got 977km + on Strava plus the extra I did after buying the bike in late August (from +Compton Cycles ) and getting my +Polar GPS HRM in October.

It turned out to be a proper puncture which was a pain as since moving to the flat I haven't had any tools to speak of plus my local cycle shop +Petra Cycles was closed during the weekend after Christmas.

So I decided to invest in the Brompton Toolkit (from +Compton Cycles ) plus a couple of  +Schwalbe inner tubes.

 
The toolkit is the new Mk2 kit with heavy duty tyre levers. It's typical Brompton excellent design and quality but quite pricey. It fits snuggly into the front frame tube.
 
 
I hadn't fixed a puncture in over 40 years so it was a bit of a relearning process. In the end I decided to fit a new inner tube as the original one had gone at the 'seam' and I wasn't quite sure how that would respond to a repair.
 
I had used a electric car tyre inflator and I'm wondering if the tube got over inflated though the Brommies have quite high tyre pressures compared to 'when I were a lad'. So now I'm back on the road plus I have a traditional repair kit from +Petra Cycles . If I can keep punctures to 1/1000km that won't be bad. I have Schwalbe Marathons on at the moment but will upgrade to Marathon pluses later in the year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment